State AT Loan
Contact your state
Funding and resources
Loan Program Data
Meet people and programs
Resources for your state
Resources just for grantees
Connect with others
||On-Line Self Study Courses - Resources
Micro Lender Self Assessment Questions
Possible responses - not exhaustive list
- What is micro enterprise lending?
Micro enterprise lending is an income generating strategy that helps low-income people start or expand small businesses.
- List some characteristics of micro enterprise development organizations.
They provide training and technical assistance to prospective small business operators. They help entrepreneurs define and clarify their business plan and vision, target market, and pricing strategy. They also follow their borrowers and provides services to entrepreneurs who have received loans. They help their borrowers with marketing, licensing, and software applications, among other things.
- What should an assistive technology Alternative Financing Program or an Access to Telework loan program look for in a micro enterprise lending partner?
A good micro enterprise lending partner would
- Understand the customer's need for credit planning
- Provide training and follow-up services to borrowers
- Make good loans
- Manage portfolios wisely
- Evaluate outcomes and successes