Skip to Content
Topic Snapshot: AFP/Telework Policies and Procedures
- Elements of Policy and Procedures Manuals (2006) -- Available formats: rtf
This paper is a review of policies and procedures for Alternative Financing Programs (AFPs), particularly direct loan or loan guarantee programs.
- AFP Investment Policies (2006) -- Available formats: rtf
A guide to establishing an investment policy for AFP funds. Legal constraints, structural considerations, and questions of liquidity and cash flow are addressed. The publication aims to help the AFP program manager gain a working understanding of investment options available, and how to evaluate each option.
- Lessons Learned Providing Vehicle Loans (2007) -- Available formats: rtf
This report provides an overview of how AFPs manage vehicle loans. Topics include: The policy and decision-making process for vehicle loans, underwriting, servicing, and marketing.
- RSA Technical Assistance Circular for Telework (2007) -- Available formats: pdf rtf
RSA issued this technical assistance circular in 2007, which provides guidance to telework programs regarding acceptable items for purchase with telework loans.
- RSA: Directions for Home Based Employment and Self-Employment (2007) -- Available formats: pdf
This presentation spells out the key considerations for telework loan programs must decide when determining if the items requested for purchase with a telework loan are with the guidelines of the program.
- RSA Dear Colleague Letter- March 8, 2007 (2007) -- Available formats: pdf rtf
Regarding grant writing by AFP and Telework grantees.
- RSA Technical Assistance Circular for AFPs - September 7, 2006 (2006) -- Available formats: rtf
Rehabilitation Services Administration Technical Assistance Circular (TAC) dated September 7, 2006 that offers a framework for AFPs to help them determine if a particular device is assistive technology for the purposes of providing a financial loan.
- Defining AT for Loan Programs - Teleconference - October 10, 2006 (2006) -- Available formats: rtf mp3
This call provides an overview of the Rehabilitation Services Administration Technical Assistance Circular (TAC) dated September 7, 2006 that offers a framework for AFPs to help them determine if a particular device is assistive technology for the purposes of providing a financial loan. Jeremy Buzzell of RSA is the presenter.
- Frequently asked Questions on Telework Listserv (2005) -- Available formats: html
Questions and answers concerning qualifications of borrower, purchasing training, supplies, repair, and maintenance, providing financial literacy and credit counseling, promoting the use of telework, the definition of a telework center, and preference to those who have IPEs.
- Loans for Training, Repairs, Warranties (2005) -- Available formats: html
Questions of Interest - Highlights from the Loan Program Listserv Discussions.
Sample Policies and Procedures
- Virginia Loan Fund Governance Manual (2008) -- Available formats: rtf
This document provides guidance to the board of the loan program. It delineates the structures in place, the roles and responsibilities of the various entities, the mission, and the relationship of the various components of the loan program.
page was last updated:
- Resources regarding updated IRS Form 990 (2009) -- Available formats: html
A collection of resources regarding changes to the IRS Form 990 required of nonprofit organizations. Includes samples of required policy pieces submitted by AFPs.
- Identity Theft Prevention Programs - Resources (2009) -- Available formats: html
Pursuant to the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act of 2003 (FACTA), the Federal Trade Commission has designed the so called "Red Flag Rule," which requires creditors to have developed an Identity Theft Prevention Program to identify, detect and respond to signs of possible identity theft related their borrowers. This offers some resources for including policies on identity theft.
- Michigan Identity Theft Policy (2009) -- Available formats: rtf
This is Michigan's response to the Red Flag rule. It provides a sample identity theft policy