AT for Employment - Publications
General Publications | State Publications
- Beyond Segregated and Exploited: Update on the Employment of People with Disabilities (2012) (pdf)
NDRN's Beyond Segregated and Exploited is a follow up to a report released last year (Segregated and Exploited), and outlines how federal funding is being used to shuttle people with disabilities into sheltered workshops and deprive them of meaningful employment opportunities.
- Work, Assistive Technology and Transition-Aged Youth: Funding of Work Related Assistive Technology Through Special Education Programs, State Vocational Rehabilitation Agencies, Medicaid, Medicare and SSI’s Plan for Achieving Self Support (2011) (pdf)
This 35-page article/AT funding manual was originally published in 2001 and 2004 under the Funding of Work-Related AT title.
- Segregated and Exploited (2011) (pdf)
NDRN's report that underscores the plight of those working in sheltered workshops.
- World Report on Disability (2011) (pdf)
The first ever World report on disability, produced jointly by the World Health Organization (WHO), and the World Bank, suggests that more than a billion people in the world today experience disability. Chapter Eight focuses on Employment and Disability.
- Roadmaps for Enhancing Employment of Persons with Disabilities through Accessible Technology (Roadmap I) (2008) (pdf)
The first Roadmap report designed to enhance the hiring, retention, and advancement of persons with disabilities and others through accessible technology.
- Roadmaps for Enhancing Employment of Persons with Disabilities through Accessible Technology (Roadmap II) (2009) (pdf)
This report is a continuation from Roadmap I, and presents the work of the Assistive Technology (AT) Collaborative, a group of national organizations that were funded by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) to address AT issues and provide policy recommendations related to the employment of individuals with disabilities.
- Ready and Able: Addressing Labor Market Needs and Building Productive Careers for People with Disabilities through Collaborative Approaches (2011) (pdf)
This report provides research on employer and market driven initiatives to recruit, hire, train, and retain people with disabilities.
- Investing in America: The Public Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Program––Employing the Talents of Qualified Americans with Disabilities in the Workplace During Challenging Economic Times (2011) (pdf)
This CSAVR report includes reccomendations for employment for people with disabilities, questions and answers about CSAVR, and employment success stories.
- Leading Practices on Disability Inclusion (pdf)
In this report, the United States Business Leadership Network (USBLN) features companies and leaders that provide valuable insights on the successes they have realized through the inclusion of people with disabilities in all aspects of their corporate enterprises as well as in their marketing.
- States as Model Employers: Strategies for Moving People with Disabilities into Careers in State Government (pdf)
This brief examines the practices that states are using to become “model employers,” including strategies being implemented to expand the recruitment and hiring of people with disabilities within state government agencies.
- Integrating Job Opportunities for People with Disabilities into State and Regional Economic and Workforce Development Strategies (2011) (pdf)
This brief offers some background on recent trends in economic and workforce development strategies, and highlights two regions that have been piloting initiatives to include opportunities for people with disabilities in their regional activities.
- General Self-Help and Resource Information Regarding Accessible Document Preparation and Website Accessibility (2011) (pdf)
FAAST, Inc., through support from the Florida Department of Education, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, has completed research and development of a comprehensive 20-page technical assistance self-help resource guide entitled General Self-Help and Resource Information Regarding Accessible Document Preparation and Website Accessibility.
This guide was created to promote accessible, electronic and information technology accessibility to assist those working on document preparation in relation to website accessibility to help further compliance with accessibility requirements under the ADA, Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and §282.601 - .606, Florida Statutes.
- FAAST, Inc. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Site Survey Instrument - Building Accessibility Evaluation Survey (2011) (pdf)
This ADA site survey instrument is designed to assist ADA site survey teams in conducting self-evaluation surveys and engaging in collaborative efforts that are designed to facilitate practical enhancements to facilities thereby increasing compliance with the ADA.
FAAST-Employment Resources & Self Help Guide (2010) (pdf)
Florida Alliance for Assistive Services and Technology, Inc.(FAAST) employment self-help resource guide.