Skip to Content
Topic Snapshot: Policies and Procedures
- How to Start a Reuse Program – Policies, Procedures, and Regulatory Issues (2009) -- Available formats: ppt
This presentation provides an overview of the CReate program. It describes how the program got started writing policies and procedures and how the policies are currently updated. The presentation also looks at who the program is mitigating liability and the challenges that still need to be addressed.
- New Mexico Small Business Reasonable Accommodation Model (2010) -- Available formats: rtf
This provides guidance for small businesses when considering reasonable accommodations.
Device Demonstration Center Policies
- Connecticut Assistive Technology Demonstration Center at WRCC Policies and Procedures (2011) -- Available formats: word
This document provides the policies and procedures for one of the regional AT Demonstration Centers.
- North Dakota IPAT Device Demonstration Policy and Procedures (2011) -- Available formats: word
This is North Dakota's policy and procedures for IPAT's device demonstration services.
- West Virginia AT System's Assistive Technology Device Demonstration: Policy and Procedures (2011) -- Available formats: word
This document is the West Virginia Assistive Technology System's policies and procedures for its program's Demonstration Center.
- Oklahoma Screening Questionnaire in Preparation for Conducting a Demonstration (2006) -- Available formats: rtf
Sample screening form for device demonstration.
- Texas Demonstration Center Policies and Procedures (2006) -- Available formats: rtf
These are policies and procedures Texas developed for its demonstration centers.
Device Loan Policies
- Assistive Technology Device Borrowing Fees, Policies and Procedures (2011) -- Available formats: word
This fact sheet describes fees and the borrowing procedures when borrowing devices from the Washington Device Loan program.
- Connecticut Mimio Loan Program Policies and Procedures (2011) -- Available formats: word
The Connecticut Tech Act Project’s Mimio Loan Program is a short-term loan of a Mimio Interactive Whiteboard device that turns any whiteboard into an interactive and digital whiteboard. This document outlines the policies and procedures of the loan program.
- SWAAAC Team Agreement & Loan Bank (2010) -- Available formats: pdf
This agreement is for team members of the Colorado Loan Bank. it delineates the loan period, how requests are submitted, special conditions for software rental, and device return policies.
- ABLE Tech Equipment and Device Loan Program Purpose, Policy and Procedures (2008) -- Available formats: pdf
This document describes the policies that a borrower of the device loan program must adhere to. It also describes what procedures are in place that the borrower must follow.
- Policy on Audiologist Evaluation (2007) -- Available formats: rtf
This is a sample policy from Oklahoma on what the loan program requires when borrowers request hearing aids.
- Tennessee Technology Access Project Assistive Technology Device Loan Program Policies and Procedures (2006) -- Available formats: pdf
This document delineates the TTAP procedures for developing a collection, processing requests, the recipients' responsibilities and the return policies.
- Kansas Statewide Interagency Equipment Loan System (2003) -- Available formats: word
Procedures Kansas follows to loan equipment to other agencies
- Missouri Short-term Loan Agreement - Equipment Technology Consortium (2003) -- Available formats: word
Form Missouri education agency signs to accept responsibility for AT equipment loan.
- North Dakota Equipment Loan Library: Purpose, Policy, Procedures (2003) -- Available formats: word
Policy manual for device loan program describing rules and regulation and procedures of the program.
- Pennsylvania AT Lending Library Policies and Procedures (2003) -- Available formats: word
Manual describing the policies and procedures that the PA loan library follows.
Device Reuse Policies
- CReATE Policies and Procedures (2009) -- Available formats: rtf
This document covers the structure of the organization, the partners, governance, donation intake, device refurbishment, and transfer of devices. It also includes forms used by the CReATE program.
- CReATE Power Wheelchair Checklist (2009) -- Available formats: rtf
This form is the inspection checklist that CReATE uses to evaluate donated equipment for Reuse.
- Matching Persons to Equipment (2009) -- Available formats: ppt
This power point explains how Paraquad matches a person to a device. Information gathered, skills required are all included.
page was last updated: